Citizen Services offered by NCRB

Motor Vehicle Enquiry​

National Crime Records Bureau has introduced Motor Vehicle Enquiry Service for general public. The general public can avail this service to know the status of a motor vehicle

i) Whether the vehicle has been recovered (in case it is reported as stolen by police)?
ii) Whether the vehicle has been reported as stolen by police?

using the online services at the URL which is free of cost and no documentation is required. The individual may visit Vahan Samanvay page.  The individual is now required to select “General Public” which will redirect to the, where on filling the relevant information one can get the desired report.

Motor Vehicle Enquiry Counter

A Motor Vehicle Enquiry Counter which was functional at NCRB headquarter at New Delhi since 05.01.2001 has now discontinued the same.  However the said service is still available at motor vehicle enquiry counters running in some of the States/ UTs. This facility can be availed by paying a nominal fee of Rs. 20/- . The applicant is required to fill the application form (available at counter) and enclose the legible copy of following documents:

  • Identity proof
  • Registration certificate of vehicle
  • FIR (to know the recovered status of vehicle already reported stolen by police)

Only one application is accepted from an individual.

The individual may also approach motor vehicle enquiry counters run by various States/UTs. The complete list is given below:

Arunachal Pradesh

Itanagar, Twang

UT of Chandigarh




Himanchal Pradesh

Bilaspur, Chamba, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kinnaur, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmla, Solan Una

J & K



Bijapur, Chikmaglur, Hassan, Koppal


Bhatinda, SAS Nagar, Faridkot, Ludhiana, Monga, Rupnagar (Ropar)


Updated On: 03/09/2020
Page View Counter : 2666