One of the objectives of NCRB is to provide training in IT and Finger Print Science for capacity building of Police Forces in the country. Training Branch of National Crime Records Bureau has been striving hard for achieving this objective.
Each year this Branch conducts on an average 60 training programs for Indian Police Officers. Duration of these courses vary from 3 Days to 2 Weeks. Trainings on subjects like “Cyber Crime & Digital Forensics”, “Information Technology in Law Enforcement”, “Crime Criminal Tracking And Network System”, “CCTNS Technical/Project Management”, “Fake Indian Currency Notes”, ”TOT in Fingerprint Science”, “Advanced Fingerprint Science”, “Coloured Portrait Building System”, “Operator Course for Crime in India”, “Operator Course for Accidental Death & Suicide in India”, “Operator Course for Prison Statistics India”, “Talash Information System”, “Workshop on Automatic Fingerprint Identification System” etc. are conducted.
NCRB also conducts Training of Trainers (TOT) courses for the development of training resource persons. Programs organised at NCRB are attended by officers of all ranks including senior police officers from States / Union Territories as well as from Central Police Organizations/Central Armed Police Forces.
In-house faculty members are well trained in the latest technology and also have vast teaching experience that provides right blend for imparting training. NCRB’s training resource persons have also been visiting institutions like “SVP National Police Academy, Hyderabad”, “RPCTC’s”, “CBI Academy”, “LNJN National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science” etc. to conduct workshops and deliver lectures. NCRB also invites Eminent Guest Lecturers, specialized in various spheres of IT, Cyber Crime, Digital Forensics, Fingerprint Science etc. to deliver lectures.New Courses Introduced in 2018-19
- Technology in Law Enforcement (SI and above)
- Workshop on Anti-Human Trafficking (PC to SI /DEO)
- Workshop on Data Analytics (SI and above)
- Workshop on ICJS (Assistant Public Prosecutors, Judicial Magistrate)
- Workshop on AFIS (FP Experts from FPBx and CFPB)
- Sex Offender Registry (PC to SI /DEO)
a. For IT Courses
- Latest Trends in Credit Cards and On-Line Frauds, Digital Evidences, Legal Framework Against Cyber Crime, SOP for Collecting Digital Evidence, Data Acquisition from Digital Evidences using Tools, CDR Analysis, Internet Monitoring and Telephone Tapping.
- Included Specialized Topics viz. CCTV Footage Analysis, Nigerian Frauds, Case Studies of Successful Investigations, Criminal Information Extraction from Social Media Analysis, Mobile Apps developed by NCRB etc.
- International Comparison Methods of Identical Points
- Crime Scene Management & Statistical Analysis
- Digital Photography & IT Acts
- NAFIS/Live Scanner, Erroneous cases of FP Identification, Nano- Particles in Latent Detection
- Attachment of SI(FP) trainees to CBI Academy for Two Weeks (Basic Training)
- Shifted Training paradigm from pure IT to use of Technology in investigation/ policing.
- Conducts T.N.A. (Training Need Analysis) before the commencement of every course.
- Experience Sharing & Doubt Clearing Sessions on Daily Basis.
- More Expert Faculty Training Sessions on Specialized Topics.
- Stress on Hands-On-Sessions rather than Theory Sessions.
- Intensive Assignments to Trainees (2 weeks or more duration courses).
- Visits of Trainees to Specialized Units like “Cyber Forensic Unit”, “Delhi Police Control Center”, “FSL Delhi” etc.
The total number of courses conducted by NCRB and number of officers trained up to 31/07/2018 are furnished below:-
In Addition to this 540455 Police Personnel from the States/UTs were trained on CCTNS by System Integrators.
Regional Computer Police Training Centres
Four RCPTCs (One Each in Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Lucknow and Kolkata) conduct similar courses for lower functionaries of Indian Police. These courses at RPCTC’s are sponsored by NCRB in term of honorarium and study material to facilitate capacity building at regional levels. Training Calendars are redesigned by introducing courses on latest Technologies like Cyber Crime and NCRB also assisted in designed block syllabus of the various courses conducted at RCPTCs.
|No of Courses Conducted||Person Trained|